- After logging in to CFA Connect, you can create your own photo albums by clicking on Pics > Upload Photos, or by clicking on Upload Photos in your Control Panel box.
- You can choose to upload to a brand new photo album, or add new photos to an album that already exists on CFA Connect.
- Creating a new album - choose the category your album relates to, give your album a title, and write a short description of what your album is showing. Press Create Album.
- Choose the image you want to upload from your computer. Please make sure that these images have ALREADY BEEN RESIZED to something small and managable. For more help on how to resize your images, and a link to a free Microsoft Windows tool that will allow you to do this, click on the link at the end of the text "For image uploading recommendations and guidelines, click here" on the Upload Photos page.
- You can also add a short caption to your image here, or do it later on through the "Edit My Photos" Control Panel link. To add more images, click on the ‘I need to add more images' link, located beneath the Image Caption box.
- Use an existing Album - select an existing album from the dropdown list. First select a category, then select the album you want to add to. Click on "Use This Album". Again, you will be asked to upload the images.
- From here, you can choose to add more photos to the album, create another new album or return to the Connect Gallery page.
Edit my photo albums
- You can edit your own photo albums clicking on the Edit My Photos button on the Control Panel menu. The Control Panel appears on the right-hand side of the screen after you log in to CFA Connect.
- You will be taken to the My Pictures page. A list of albums you have photos in will be displayed. You can see these photos by clicking the down arrows in the "Show Images" column.
- Here you can edit the details of individual photos you have uploaded, even if they appear in an album created by another user. Do this by clicking on the edit icon (the one with the pencil).
- After clicking on the Edit icon, you will be presented with a thumbnail of the image, and opportunity to add/edit description text and the photo title. Click SAVE and you will be taken back to My Pictures.
- In My Pictures, you can also unpublish individual photos (for example, duplicates) from your album by clicking on the green tick icon (it will change into a red cross when unpublished).
- Clicking on the red hyperlink text gallery title will take you to that gallery.
For more information please read CFA Connect's Photo / Video Guidelines.
NB: The most effective way to get your photos seen by the most people is to publish a story in the CFA Connect news section with some words and attach the photos to the story.