• Head on down to the Atrium and ‘Big Screen’ at Federation Square, Melbourne during Volunteer Week (14-20 May) and you will see a selection of images and messages that thank CFA Volunteers and ALL they do!
• We encouraged our loyal CFA Facebook members to post messages and poems which included the words ‘Thank You CFA Volunteers’. Selections of these messages are also being used at Federation Square. Have a look at the pictures below to see what some of them wrote.
• Our CEO and Chief Officer recorded special ‘Thank You’ video messages. Watch them here.
• We have sourced fantastic volunteering stories and profiles from across our regions. So keep your eye on Connect all through next week as stories will be posted daily!
• National Volunteer Week posters were sent to each Region HQ - to raise general awareness of the week throughout CFA Districts and Brigades.
• A series of five films have been produced by the Dept of Planning & Community Development to promote volunteerism across the state. One features the Yarrambat Brigade. These will be posted on Connect during the week for you all to watch and enjoy.
• CFA will also feature in a Weekly Times newspaper ‘lift out’ with a range of interviews from volunteers around Victoria. There is a story on Captain Roger Schipp, a volunteer from Sandhill Brigade, and Sue Mountain from Yarrambat Brigade.
• Look out for a few more volunteering stories and a feature in our next winter edition of Brigade due out in July.
If your brigade or region have any events or activities going on to celebrate National Volunteer Week, please feel free to post your stories on Connect, we’d love to read them!