With MFB coming on board the ‘One Source, One Message’ (OSOM) platform, the fire agencies are taking the opportunity to improve the way we communicate critical emergency information to the community by upgrading the Warnings and Incidents webpage.
The aim is to deliver emergency information from CFA, MFB and DSE in one easy-to-use webpage that can be viewed from any of the agency’s websites.
- Displaying MFB incidents and warnings
- Showing planned burns (ignited)
- A wider screen for easier viewing
- List view of warnings and incidents positioned next to the map for easier reference
- Optional view of the Fire Danger Rating for each district
- Links to Township Protection Plans
The look and feel will resemble the VicRoads traffic alerts site.
Design has just started and the existing page won’t change for a few months yet. Throughout the design process we’ll post graphic design mock-ups and test versions on CFA Connect for community members to provide feedback.
User testing with members of the public will also kick-off shortly.
Have a look at the first round of graphic design mock-ups and tell us what you think.
Submit your comments or questions below or email firstname.lastname@example.org