Welcomed by the smell of a snag on the BBQ and a friendly face, District staff, Brigade members and families and the community attended the Valencia Creek community hall to celebrate a massive milestone. Some 50 people attended the night celebrating the special presentations.
Chief Officer Euan Ferguson then congratulated Valencia Creek brigade on their service awards. Euan said "I am the Chief Officer of CFA but I am not the most important person of the organisation - you the people at the front line are".
Euan spoke about the professional service provided to the community, mateship and commitment. He acknowledged the difficult, dirty and sometimes dangerous job that volunteers do and encouraged members to "keep up the good work".
Euan was presented with his very own Valencia Creek polo shirt, which he promptly put on following the awards ceremony.
The night was complemented by an impressive dessert selection and friendly banter between members, ex members and guests.
Long Service medals were presented within the group to:
- 5 year – Glen Callow, Jarryd Marshall, Joshua Marshall, Zane Reti
- 10 year – Peter Caithness, Nathan Callow, Nick Cartledge
- 15 year – Susan Noble
- 20 year – Marion Killeen, David Montague, Bob Tuit
- 25 year – Ian Clutterback
- 30 year – Kevyn Marshall
- 35 year – Ian Callow
- 40 year – Donald Cameron
- 45 year – Kevin Killeen, Michael Killeen, Garry Rose
- 50 year – Alan Marshall, Maurie Killeen.