UPDATE: View survey results here.
The aim of this project is to create a consistent look for all CFA vehicles, while also improving the visibility and safety of our fleet and brigade vehicles. So no matter where you travel across Victoria, our cars will reflect the professionalism of our organisation.
This project was initiated by our Chief Officer, so please watch the video to hear Euan’s thoughts on why this is so important and to view the four designs which have been applied to trial vehicles.
The features of all four designs include:
• FIRE RESCUE on the front and back of the vehicle (this demonstrates that CFA does more than just fight fires and also allows for better identification from all sides)
• CFA web address on the back of the vehicle
• CFA logo on the front doors
• Full vehicle length and width hi-visibility striping to improve safety
• Triple zero logo on the side rear (which adheres to the national standard)
• Space for an approved community message has been allowed (the rear doors could be used for this)
The results of this poll, together with outcomes from further consultation being conducted, will be used by the Chief Officer to select the final design.
Once the design is chosen, it will be implemented progressively across CFA’s fleet and brigade vehicles. Decal kits will be provided to applicators across the state to make it easier for brigades to adhere to the new standard.
To allow time for brigades to vote over the festive and summer fire season, voting will close on Friday 2 March 2012.