However, the trial judge has now advised the parties that the court has not, to date, been able to secure suitable court facilities which are large enough to accommodate all the parties and members of the public who may wish to attend.
If a suitable venue cannot be secured by October 2012 the trial date may be postponed until suitable facilities are available.
We believe that all efforts will be made to avoid this and in the meantime CFA’s legal team is continuing to prepare for the trial.
More information about the proceedings can be found on/at:
Brigades online and the intranet … “About CFA > 2009 Fires - Ongoing Legal Actions"