At 7.23am, CFA were called to the incident on Alpine Street where they found the two men passed out on the ground in the Bakery.
A CFA truck from Boronia brought a gas detection unit to the scene and it’s believed the two men were overcome by carbon monoxide poisoning.
The power was switched off in the area after local residents and businesses received a letter in the mail advising them they would be doing some works this morning.
CFA found a petrol generator inside at the back of the premises.
Police confirmed one man died at the scene and the other was transported to
The two CFA trucks from Boronia and Ferntree Gully have left the scene and police are now investigating. The cause is not suspicious.
WorkSafe has also been called to the scene.