*ARTICLE BY EMILY DURBRIDGE*.
The guests and members celebrated a combined total of 285 years of service to the Coongulla community and helped celebrate the brigade’s 40th birthday.
Errol Blanch who received a 30-year clasp, said he “was very pleased to be part of such an important milestone for the brigade”.
Brigade Captain Geoff Lynch said, “I am proud to receive my 20-year clasp today on such a special occasion for the brigade”.
Awards presented on the day were:
- 40-year clasp – Frank Hodge
- 30-year clasp – Errol Blanch
- 20-year clasp – Wendy Blanch, Glenn Johnstone, Geoff Lynch Roger Malouf, Rodger Newgreen
- 15-year clasp – Buck Gallatly, Tricia Newgreen, Lynne Reynolds
- 10-year medal – Val Gallatly, Glenn Reynolds
- 5-year certificate – Allan Gates (Posthumous), Jack Grant, Adam King, Margaret Lockland, Ron Lockland, Ava McKinnon, Trevor McKinnon, Shirley Millard, Callam Reynolds, Mark Unwin.
“Today is great day to celebrate the history of the brigade and to recognise the people who built Coongulla into what it is today,” Geoff said.