BA crews were sent in and discovered the fire had spread
from a fireplace and travelled up the wall and spread across the roof space.
Many of the vents throughout the roof melted from the heat.
The Geelong Advertiser has posted this video interview of the family who escaped the fire.
There was extensive damage to the roof and walls between the lounge and bathroom. The bedroom of twin boys was also heavily damaged by smoke and heat.
The family said they were only alerted to the fire when the large mirror above the mantelpiece fell off the wall and smashed.
Geelong’s Ladder Platform also attended to check the roof
space for any hotspots.
Crews attended: Torquay Pumper, Tankers 1and 3 with 14
Torquay Fire Brigade
Story and video from the Geelong Advertiser link below