*ARTICLE BY EMILY DURBRIDGE*
The guests and members celebrated a combined total of 160 years of service to the Nambrok community and the CFA.
Philip Llewellyn, who received a 30 year clasp, said he was humbled to receive the award.
“Being a part of the brigade is an important part of my life,” he said.
“Volunteering to protect the community is a rewarding experience.”
Brigade Captain Bruiser Bermingham had two reasons to celebrate, receiving his 40 year clasp as well as watching the new fire station come into official operation.
“I am proud to receive my 40 year clasp today during my time as captain,” he said.
“The opening of the station is a great day for the future of the brigade, but it’s equally important to recognise the people who built this brigade into what it is today.”
Awards presented on the day were:
- 40 year clasp – Bruiser Bermingham
- 30 year clasp – Philip Llewelyn
- 25 year clasp – Peter Barnett
- 15 year clasp – Jade Johns, Paul Moore
- 10 year medal – Jason Bermingham, Des McKay
- 5 year certificate – Peter Christiansen, Christopher Hulls, Rhiannon Johns.